Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Here we go again.

I'm sorry to say that this blog has been not much more than a placeholder for awhile. I'm sorry, blog. I didn't mean to neglect you. For a long time, I wasn't really sure what to write about, but today I decided, why not just jump right in? So here goes.

I'm a recent college graduate, still in the process of trying to find a full-time job. But while I'm doing that, I've found that all this lack of structure has me missing school, classes, even homework. So I've decided to be my own teacher.

I've always been interested in languages -- so far in school I've studied Spanish, Japanese, and Latin. My latest project? Teach myself American Sign Language.

I learned some signs when I was younger through a group one of my neighbors formed, and the one thing that I managed to remember this whole time was the fingerspelling alphabet. But recently, I found myself wanting to learn more. So what did I do? I ransacked my local library, checked out half of the books and videos and dictionaries they had on ASL, and here I am, trying to learn sign language. Wish me luck!

No comments: